FEBA Converting Machinery Srl, has been manufacturing mono and multi-shafted lathe slitting systems in Milan, Italy since 1967. The earliest production began with simple, hydraulic, single knife slitters for adhesive tape converting equipped with limited features and programming capabilities. As the years passed, their production advanced by closely studying the lathe slitting technique and understanding their customer's requests to improve cut quality and production, introducing new models with enhanced features and material capabilities. Today, FEBA is Europes leading manufacturer of mono & multi-shafted lathe slitters with their headquarters still based in Milan, IT and representation in North America, United Kingdom, and France.
Listed below are the levels of technology & unique features available on a FEBA Automatic Log Slitting System; models F400, F600, F700, F2L-350, F2L-400 & F4L-400:
Levels 1-3 Series: Standard Hydraulic Machine with simple control systems & various OMRON displays and options available. These heavey duty roll slitters are an ideal entry level machine for a variety of converters slitting adhesive tapes, foams & rubber, gasket materials, nonwovens and similar products. The Level 1, 2 & 3 series are only available in the F400 & F600 version.
Level 4 Series: The slitting carriage on the Level 4 machine is positioned on precision ground linear bearings, providing low friction travel and optimum accuracy. Equipped with AC brushless motors, the Level 4 offers proportional blade penetration speeds and adjutsable core cut speeds. The transversal displacement is performed by AC brushless motors as well which guarantees precision (+/- 0.05mm) and rapid positioning of the slitting carriage. An OMRON 10" Color Touchscreen, Sonar & Laser technology come standard on this series.
Level 5 Series: The new "Level 5 Series" is a brand new concept in machine control and automation which now provides even higher levels of slitting accuracy, dependability & overall production. The carriage displacement (X & Y Travel), now consists of iron core FW linear motors composed of moving coils with laminated iron-core & single sided stationary magnetic tracks. The coil unit is encapsulated in a thermally conductive resin body to give structural rigidity. The three key benefits with this technology are listed below:
1) Frictionless Travel
2) Eleminate Mechnical Servicing & Lubrication
3) Increased Production (20-30% in most cases)
The new Level 5 is now available on all FEBA models and is still equipped with automatic roll edge and roll diameter acquistion, 10" OMRON Color Touchscreen and the other features that made the Level 4 a huge success with adhesive and non-adhesive tape converters throughout the world.
Industry Standard & Unique Features Available on a FEBA Roll Slitting Machine:
Industrial PLC OMRON 10" Color Touchscreen (Level 4 & 5 Series Only)
All slitting operations stored into the PLC, including;
- Automatic double sided blade polishing unit with two diamond wheel sharpening stones offers the finest edge for the slitting blade.
- Blade lubrication and colling system complete with recirculation.
- Automatic lubrication of linear guide rails and recirculating ball screw.
- Automatic blade holder positioning system. After changing blades, the machine will automatically set it's zero-point through the Touchscreen eliminating manual setting. In addition, we can guarantee the machine will always cut through the core with the automatic zero point search after X amount of cuts programmed in the recipe. (Level 4 & 5 Only)
- Automatic blade 'AXIS' angle adjustment.
- Internal & External automatic core gripping device.
- Acquistion of the log's diameter via SONAR which automatically positions the blade accordingly to the different log diameters being processed. (Level 4 & 5 Only)
- Acquisition of the blades diameter via LASER. (Level 4 & 5 Only)
- Automatic pneumatic shaft holder device w. contact proximity.
- Automatic front door lifting device. The polycarbonate front door with automatically lower/raise when cycle start/stop actuated.
- Semi-automatic or fully automatic hydraulic log loading device to load/unload material in-line with the shaft. Ideal solution for high production facilities or for material to heavey to load manually.
- Slit Widths (3 Standard / 6 as Optional)
- Quantity and Batch Counter
- Madrel Speed in RPM
- Mandrel Direction (CW & CCW)
- Blade Speed in RPM
- Blade Directions (CW, CCW, Free & Braked)
- Blade Sharpening. (Program auto sharpening per specified amount of cuts)
- Kiss-Cutting Feature. (Cut material only and leave core in place)
- Proportional Blade Penetration Speed.
- Core Dwell Timer.
- Blade Lubrication Control. (Control the precise amount of lubrication through PLC)
- Automatic Blade "AXIS" angle adjustment per slit width.
- 400 Recipes Standard. (PC Connection Optional w. Unlimited Recipe Storage)
- Modem Link for Immediate Factory Intervention.